DUBLIN, Nov. 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The «Glass Ceramics: Global Markets to 2026» report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global market for glass ceramics is estimated to grow from $1.4 billion in 2021 to reach $1.8 billion by 2026, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
The North American market for glass ceramics is estimated to grow from $356.9 million in 2021 to reach $474.9 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
The Asia-Pacific market for glass ceramics is estimated to grow from $560.0 million in 2021 to reach $783.7 million by 2026, at a CAGR of 7.0% during the forecast period of 2021-2026.
Global markets, glass ceramics segments and growth forecasts through 2026 are offered. Sales value estimates are based on prices in the supply chain. Market-driving forces and industry structure are examined. International aspects are analyzed for all global regions and for types of glass ceramics. Profiles of major global manufacturers are presented.
Glass ceramics had substantial growth in the field of electronics, optical materials, dentistry and severe thermal mechanical environments. Glass ceramics are valued for high technology and specialty applications, with numerous advantages over conventional powder processed ceramics: reproducibility of microstructure, uniformity and very low or null porosity. Generally, glass ceramic systems exist, as the ZAS system (ZnO Al2O3 nSiO2), LAS system (Li2O Al2O3 nSiO2) and the MAS system (MgO Al2O3 nSiO2).
In the field of medical and dentistry, glass ceramics are mainly used for implants in bone and in dental prostheses. As for electronics, glass ceramics have diverse use in microelectronic packing and electronic components. The superior properties of the microstructure, dimensional stability and variation of the chemical composition make it an ideal choice in electronics.
Its unique properties make for extensive applicability. The presence of stringent regulations imposed by regulatory authorities ensure reduction of harmful emissions from manufacturing units, further boosting market size during the forecast period.
The massive projected size is mainly attributed to the technological advancements in this region. China dominates the glass ceramics market due to rising power generation, semiconductor and electronics, infrastructure development and chemical processing industries in the country.
Entry of new industry participants and distribution networks strengthened by international players in the country will further support market growth over the forecast period. The advanced ceramics industry supports aerospace, automotive, communication computers, medical and military in the region.
This report considers the impact of COVID-19. In 2020, the growth rate of manufacturing industries around the world was severely affected by the pandemic. The COVID-19 pandemic has currently shrunken the progress of every regional economy. Various governments around the world are taking the measures necessary to contain the economic slowdown.
The competitive landscape for the glass ceramics industry is moderately consolidated with a few large-scale players dominating the market. Prominent companies operating in the market are Schott AG, Corning Inc., Nippon Electric Glass, Asahi Glass Co., Ohara Inc., Zeiss, 3M, Eurokera, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Kyrocera and PPG U.S., among others.
The Report Includes
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2020, estimates for 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Evaluation and forecast the glass ceramics market, and corresponding market share analysis by application and geographic region
- Assessment of key market drivers, restraints and other macroeconomic factors affecting the glass ceramics industry
- Highlights of the current and future market potential and insights into government initiatives for enhanced infrastructural development, regulatory framework, and reimbursement scenario
- Detailed description of the main technologies for glass ceramic preparation and their production process
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of recent industry activities and key competitive landscape
- A relevant patent analysis for glass ceramics market
- Company profiles of major industry players, including AGC Inc., Corning Inc., EuroKera, Kyocera Corp., Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd., Saint-Gobain and Schott AG
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
- Expert Comments on the Glass Ceramics Market
Chapter 3 Market Trends
- Industry Landscape
- Future Trends
- Accelerated Globalization
- Growth Drivers
- Rapid Urbanization
- Infrastructure Development
- Surging Pharmaceutical Industry
- European Manufacturing
- Electricals and Electronics Demand
- High Price
- Customization Requirements
- Regulatory Trends
- Trade Statistics (Import/Export Data)
- Porter’s Analysis
- PESTLE Analysis
Chapter 4 Glass Ceramics Market and Technology Background
- Technology Overview
- Glass Ceramic Preparation
- Production Process
- Patent Analysis
Chapter 5 Glass Ceramics Market Industry Value Chain
- Industry Value Chain
- Impact of COVID-19 on the Glass Ceramics Industry
- Raw Material Analysis
Chapter 6 Glass Ceramics Market Vendor Matrix
- Brand Analysis
- Major Stakeholders
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Application
- Aerospace and Military
- Building and Construction
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Region
- Global Glass Ceramics Market Insights
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Chapter 9 Competitive Landscape
- Company Market Share Analysis, Glass Ceramics
- Major Acquisition, Mergers and New Product Development
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- AGC Inc. (Asahi Glass)
- Corning Inc.
- Ivoclar Vivadent
- Kyocera Corp.
- Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd.
- Ohara Inc.
- Plan Optik Ag
- Schott Ag
- Specialty Glass Inc.
- Vitron Spezialwerkstoffe Gmbh
- Vita Zahnfabrik
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/s1l2hi
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-glass-ceramics-markets-report-2020-2021–2021-2026-featuring-agc-corning-eurokera-kyocera-nippon-electric-glass-saint-gobain-and-schott-ag-301419852.html
SOURCE Research and Markets