NEW YORK, Sept. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — In its next step to lead industry-wide comprehensive responsible gaming efforts, FanDuel Group announced today that it has named acclaimed sports radio and television personality and problem gambling advocate Craig Carton as its first national responsible gaming ambassador. Carton, who currently co-hosts sports talk show «Carton & Roberts» on WFAN 101.9 FM / 660 AM (WFAN-FM/AM) in New York will immediately join FanDuel’s efforts to promote safer gaming behaviors. His involvement will be focused in three critical areas including: advocacy, prevention awareness and content development focused on the importance of wagering within limits.
«My story and personal history with gambling has been well documented,» said Carton. «More than ever, I want to use my experience and platform to shine a meaningful spotlight on the issue of problem gambling. It was important to me that I find a real partnership with a company that shared my passion for this issue. It became clear FanDuel shared the same goals and was comfortable working transparently with me for the sole purpose of protecting people.»
«We are absolutely thrilled to partner with Craig to place even more emphasis on responsible gaming behaviors,» said Mike Raffensperger, Chief Marketing Officer, FanDuel Group. «Everyone at FanDuel understands the importance of protecting our customers who are also our family, friends, neighbors and community members. Craig’s powerful personal story will help fuel our mission of making sure no bet placed results in hurting a loved one.»
- Carton will join the company’s Responsible Gaming Steering Committee chaired by FanDuel’s President & Interim CEO Amy Howe helping to shape company policy
- He will engage in frequent speaking events that promote RG education with a specific focus on new customers; both in new states and with 21–25-year-old consumers
- Play an active consulting role with FanDuel’s RG operations and customer service teams to review and evaluate the company’s standards and procedures for monitoring safe play
- Provide insight on FanDuel’s current development of artificial intelligence capabilities that spot problematic play patterns faster and more accurately
Prevention & RG Promotion
- Carton will become central to prevention messaging encouraging greater adoption of FanDuel’s responsible gaming tools including wager, deposit and time limit technology
- Educate customers in new markets as states legalize mobile gaming to ensure customers are aware of the tools and resources designed to protect them
- Aid in the creation of FanDuel’s RG specific advertising campaigns
- Serve as the face of FanDuel’s safer play messaging on its dedicated RG consumer website www.FanDuel.com/playsafe
- Develop and distribute shared content, in partnership with WFAN and its parent company Audacy from Carton’s «Hello, My Name is Craig» program, to wider audiences
- Content creation to include both video and audio segments from the program posted on FanDuel’s PlaySafe and WFAN/Audacy’s websites, as well as shared social channels
About FanDuel Group
FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, and leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, and TV/media, including FanDuel, Stardust Casino, and TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across all 50 states and 12 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, Georgia, and Scotland. FanDuel Group is a subsidiary of Flutter Entertainment plc, the world’s largest sports betting and gaming operator with a portfolio of globally recognized brands and a constituent of the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange.
Audacy, Inc. is a scaled, multi-platform audio content and entertainment company with the country’s best radio broadcasting group, a leader in virtually every segment of audio, and America’s #1 creator of original, premium audio. Audacy engages over 170 million consumers each month, bringing people together around the news, sports, podcasts and music that matter to them. Learn more at www.audacyinc.com, Facebook (Audacy Corp) and Twitter (@AudacyCorp).
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fanduel-names-craig-carton-national-responsible-gaming-ambassador-301384348.html
SOURCE FanDuel Group